Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COULD SOMEONE FIND HIS PARENTS FOR ME PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 13 Sep 2007 00:45

I HAVE TRIED LOTS OF DIFFERENT SITES WITH NO LUCK I NEED THE PARENTS OF JOSEPH TIBBLES BORN 1781 DIED 1842 IN ST JOHNS HAMPSTEAD LONDON.
THANKS
JEANETTE

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Sep 2007 00:57

How sure of the birth and death dates are you?

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 13 Sep 2007 01:30

HI SYLVIA
FAIRLY SURE I GOT INFO FROM FAMILY SEARCH AND ANCESTRY
SEEMED TO BE HIM
BUT I COULD BE WRONG.
HE MARRIED ELIZABETH TAME AT ST MATTHEWS BETHNALL GREEN LONDON
IS THAT ANY HELP TO YOU
1841 CENSUS
ELIZABETH 40
HARITH 5
JOHN 12
JOSEPH 60
JOSEPH 16 WHICH MY LINE FOLLOWS
MARY 10
THOMAS 8
WILLIAM 2
SARAH 15

REGARDS
JEANETTE

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Sep 2007 04:06

I looked at the 1841 census ....... and the birth year is ABOUT 1781

............... and as the census takers added/subtracted years from ages, it could be up to 5 years out.

Similarly, on family search .................... you have to check whether a record is "extracted" or "submitted".

An "extracted" record has been taken from a parish record or other reigster ....... and is reasonably accurate although subject to the same mistakes, mis-translations, etc as other documents (eg censuses)

A "submitted" record hs been just that ....... submitted by someone, usually a member of the Mormon Church, and that information should be taken with the largest grain of salt that you can find! It has been found that such "submitted" records may even be made up.

Sylvia