Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Farley from Northern Ireland.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Oct 2007 11:09

looking for any info on a John Farley of Mullalongfield, Benburb parish of clonfeacle. he was a farmer.
he had a son Francis who was a carpenter. the son was born 1860, so presume John Farley was born c1840.

also looking for Owen McNicholl, again a farmer - of Drain, Benburb -parish of clonfeacle. he had daughters catherine and Martha. catherine born 1863 and martha c1865. think Owen the father was born 1840.

Got marriage certificate of Francis Farley & Catherine Mc Nicholl. - witnesses are no relation that i can see ( Henry Kelly & James Moore)

father of francis is John Farley of mullalongfield - a farmer.
father of catherine is Owen McNicholl, a farmer of drain.

catherine was 19 and francis was 22, a carpenter.

i have certificate and wondered where i go next for info.

am lookimg for frances/ catherine and at least 10 children in Dungannon middle in 1901 or anywhere else

have traced marriage (with help) of Frances Farley & Catherine Mcnicholl / Mcnickle

Date of Marriage 21 Feb 1882
Groom Name francis FARLEY
Bride Name catherine MCNICHOLL
Church Benburb Roman Catholic Church
Parish Clonfeacle
Civil District Dungannon
County Tyrone

Frances was a Wheelwright/ carpenter

they had quite a few children
the oldest was CATHERINE born 18th feb 1882, eglish, dungannon.

by the time of her birth - resdience was the village of Drain, eglish, dungannon. witnessed by Martha McNickle, resident of Drain.
Catherine jnr, d1973 she came to england (hackney/ homerton london when she was 14(c 1896)) she trained as a nurse and was registered as a fever nurse at the fever hospital in homerton
the other children i know of are:
alice (alice teresa?)
joe (joseph?)
lil (elizabeth born 1898- who married Mr Longmuir)
maggie (margaret??)
elsie (married Fred ERDMANN, a doctor from Portland, oregon ??)

cant find any trace of them anywhere. Catherine came to england in 1896 and cant find her in uk 1901 census, cant find any of them.

anyone any ideas of where to look. any help would be very much appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Jan 2008 12:38

nudge - stilll looking... any ideas?