Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Judy Tyson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judy

Judy Report 18 Nov 2006 06:50

Judy Tyson. My husband's family came from England as free settlers approximately 1843 and settled in Tasmania. The family has grown hugely. The original was William Tyson with his wife Jane Martin Cooper with their sons. Frank Tyson born Sheffield England 1838 Married in Launceston Tasmania in 1863. was our direct ancestor. Would like to hear from any UK Tyson's out there. thanks

John

John Report 16 Jul 2008 14:45

Hi, Judy

I see it is some time since you put a message on the Genes Reunited site.

There are simply loads of Tysons who emigrated to Australia.

The Tysons mainly originated in what is now called Cumbria in the north west of England.

I am trying to trace Australian cousins of my father, George Tyson who was b 1900.

I remember him telling me that he met two cousins during WW1 who came to fight in France. I think one was called Walter.

Could you let me know if there are records I can research?

A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

John Keay Tyson

Dawn

Dawn Report 14 Sep 2019 20:52

John are you from the cumbria Tyson's if so where abouts

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Sep 2019 22:28

Dawn, John posted 11 years ago so will not be looking for replies, click on his name and send him a message EDIT no he is no longer a member so can't be contacted.