Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terrence Vause

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 7 Mar 2011 19:26

Please can anyone help my sister and brother in law find their first son Terrence Ian Vause. When he was born the mother and father was only teenagers and was forced to give their son up for adoption by parent power. The lad's (fella now) was born on 18/12/1966 and was born in Scunthorpe and his mother gave him her maiden surname.
His mother and father did marry and have been together ever since. They did not want to give him up and have been thinking about him since the day he was born. The gent has 2 sisters and a borther and lots of nieces and nephews.
If this gent would like to get incontact that would make my sister in law very happy as she has been trying to get in contact with him for many years to no avail.
I hope someone can help me out there.
Tina

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Mar 2011 19:33

It's a pretty unsual surname. Given that your sister in law has been trying to find him for such a long time, are you certain that he wasn't given a different name?

I know that someone posted on GR some days ago about an organisation that could be contacted but I can't remember who it was.

Hope you find him.

Jill

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2011 19:34

have you checked in Search Trees top of this page to see if there are any connections on this site?

Good luck

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2011 19:36

there are other people with the surname Vause on this site

Quoy

Quoy Report 7 Mar 2011 20:14

have you tried Facebook ?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Mar 2011 20:28

If he was adopted, that would not be his name now ...

He is in no one's tree here at GR under his birth name -- including yours.

If you put him in your tree, then if he or a member of his present family searches for him here, they will find you. Be sure you keep your email address in your account here up to date so that if anyone contacts you, you receive notice.

He or a family member is far more likely to do that than to see this message.

Meanwhile, have his parents never registered their interest in contacting him?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/
Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175603

"Using the Adoption Contact Register".

That's the kind of *active looking* that has to be done -- this message (and others posted about him on the net that I see) are passive methods that will work if he happens to google his birth name maybe ...

Tina

Tina Report 9 Sep 2011 18:16

Thankyou everyone for you advice and help. I have informed my sister in law that she needs to join the governement programme and I have down loaded the application form for her. I have tried facebook but have not been on since I posted it so I must go back and see if anyone has sent messages.

Thankyou all again for your help.

Tina

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jun 2019 16:59

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/success_stories/thread/1378068