UPDATE: New tree is default option for Standard and Platinum users. Option to old tree is still available. We will be upgrading other member groups to use the new tree by default shortly.
Hi everyone, please see below for some advice and tips regarding the new tree. We hope this will help you adapt to the new style and format of the tree.
1. We have removed the relation details from the bottom of the page to give you more space. Details for each relation can now be found by clicking on the arrow tab on the right hand side of the screen. Click on the relation you want to view or edit and then click on the right hand side arrow. The details for this relation will then slide in from the right hand side.
2. You can choose to use the quick edit, by clicking on the edit button on a relation, or the full relation details which you will find by clicking on the
arrow on the right hand side of the screen.
3. You can now add a relation in 1 click by clicking on the 'add' button on a relation. Choose the relation of the new relative and if you want to add further details click on the 'add more details' button.
4. You can now have one parent families. You can also choose who the parents of a child are if they have had multiple marriages. If you are adding a child to a relation with more than one marriage, you will be asked to define who the parents are.
5. You can now click and drag around the full family tree making it easy to navigate your way around the tree.
6. If you are in a relations full detail panel (you have clicked on the right hand side arrow and the details panel has slid out), don't forget to scroll down and click 'Save' any time you make an amendment to their details.
7. Any attached records can now be found on a relations lifeline instead of in the gallery where they used to be. We thought it made more sense for them to appear here in chronological order.
8. Our next piece of tree development will be to work on the printing options and views available.
We hope this helps you find your way around the new tree. If you are experiencing any bugs or abnormalities in your tree, please email email@example.com