Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TheGenealogist.co.uk - Does anyone subscribe?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 10 Feb 2010 09:05

Hi,
I currently have a subscription with Ancestry which is due to be renewed in March. I have now found TheGenealogist website and wondered if it is worth investing in this one rather than subscribing to Ancestry. I have found most of my ancestors now, and am just trying to tie up some loose ends and for later rellies whether they were non-conformists.. I think I have exhausted Ancestry.

Is TheGenealogist any good?

Kind regards
Angela

Norma

Norma Report 10 Feb 2010 14:56

Hi
I really liked The Genealogist the way the census transcriptions are printed out are far nicer format than Ancestry,and you can search by street name.Also the BMD registers are far more complete than Ancestry and you get to see the register page by page.
Ancestry is much better for parish records,ships lists and directories.
You can get a 6months subscription with The Genealogist you may just be lucky and pick up more infromation for you family.
good luck
Norma

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Feb 2010 15:38

Genuine 30 Day Free Trial
www.TheGenealogist.co.uk Search UK BMD 1837-2004, UK Census Parish Records and more for free.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Feb 2010 15:40

Satnav, great tip - have you posted it elsewhere?
Jan

Thelma

Thelma Report 10 Feb 2010 16:22

Hi Jan
I had a free trial last year.I think the trial is restricted to just a few records.
I have not posted it anywhere else,you are welcome to do so.
Keep an eye open for other free offers.
The following site was free during thanksgiving,last year.
http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/
I have several printouts.

Angela

Angela Report 10 Feb 2010 20:31

Hi

Thanks for your replies!

I might come back to TheGenealogist website at the end of this month, as my subscription to Ancestry runs out at the end of March. TheGenealogist wants you to take out the free sub only if you will take out the premium sub at the end of the free period.. Hmmmm food for thought!

The link to the free sub is :- http://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/freesub/

Kind regards
Angela