Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henrietta Vinson & Mohamed Abdul Vahid

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Jul 2011 15:53

Someone contacted me recently about Henrietta as I have one or two Vinsons in my tree. Can't remember the contact's name either, sorry. However I am currently at the Archives in Canterbury Cathedral and have just come across a copy of their marriage certificate details as follows:

ref 340 on page 170 of the St John in Thanet microfiche U3/140/1/24 marriage 29 Oct 1901

Mohamed Abdul Vahid b 33 gentleman of 259 Ladbroke Grove Notting Hill London W s/o Haider Hossein (deceased) barrister
to Henrietta Vinson sp 26 of 36 Victoria Road, Margate d/o Henry James Vinson (deceased) farmer by banns wit: Geo. Cain (parish clerk), Ada Selby.
Hope this helps.
Sandra

Maddie

Maddie Report 5 Jul 2011 16:24

have you tried the search trees above
maddie

Lynski

Lynski Report 5 Jul 2011 22:36

If they contacted you through GR they would be in your Inbox?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 6 Jul 2011 09:17

VAHID, Arthur Head Married
15 years M 43 1868 Profession Billiard Player Agra India VIEW
VAHID, Henrietta Wife Married
15 years F 37 1874 Petersfield VIEW
VAHID, Leila Daughter Single F 8 1903 London VIEW
VAHID, Ninee Daughter Single F 6 1905 London VIEW
VAHID, Cyril Son Single M 5 1906 London VIEW
VINSON, Annie Mother In Law Widow F 77 1834 Petersfield VIEW
VINSON, Ada Sister In Law Single F 41 1870 Petersfield VIEW
HERBERT, Ethel Servant Single F 19 1892 Servant Domestic London VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
216 Reference:
RG14PN216 RG78PN7 RD3 SD1 ED20 SN57

Registration District:
Fulham Sub District:
North Hammersmith Enumeration District:
20 Parish:
Hammersmith

Address:
13 Ormiston Road W

Sandra

Sandra Report 6 Jul 2011 20:35

Thank you ladies for your responses but I did check the other trees but none of the GR members names seemed familiar and yes I had checked my inbox and sent one but had deleted contact details from both as I am not descended from the Vinson/Vahid line.

Lynski

Lynski Report 6 Jul 2011 22:26

I never delete contact details because you never know when you might want to contact them again and also it doesn't take up any room on your computer so there is no real need to delete anything.