Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A@G Taylor Photograhers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tox

Tox Report 5 Feb 2012 11:33

I was wondering if anyone could help please, I have a photograph of two children, their picture I think was taken at a studio in Bradford, what I would like to find out please is, does anyone know anything about A@ G Taylor, Queen Annes Building New Briggate Leeds, 84, Manninham Lane Bradford, this is the leading address information on the back of the photo, it's got to have been a reputable firm because it was photographers to Her Majesty The Queen by Special Royal Warrant.
It also says that they have branches widley spread ie. London, Dublin, Sunderland and many more spread over the UK, it also says Ney York, Philadelphia, I recieved this picture from my new found family in Pennsylvania. If I could find anything out about the photographer it could lead me to find out who the children may be.
Thanks
Best regards
Tox

Andrew

Andrew Report 5 Feb 2012 11:47

This came up on google search. Says website no longer availabale.

The Studios of A. & G. Taylor

homepages.tesco.net/~roger.vaughan/visitors/taylor-ag.htm

The Studios of A. & G. Taylor (Andrew Taylor and George Taylor ) ... Leeds c.1875 c.1878. Queen Anne's Bldgs, New Briggate, Leeds Bradford c.1878.

Andy

Maddie

Maddie Report 5 Feb 2012 11:47

I don't know if this will help

Derbyshire Photographers Profiles : A & G Taylor of Derby
freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brett/.../agtaylor.html
Block all freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com results
taken by A. & G. Taylor of Queen Anne's Buildings, New Briggate, Leeds or 84 Manningham Lane, Bradford Undated, but probably taken in the mid- to late ...

Janet

Janet Report 5 Feb 2012 12:09

Hello Tox

Think that trying to find out through the photographer may be a difficult one.

It might be easier trying to find the children through doing routine tracing together with looking at the 'fashion' of the age, this might help pinning the time frame.Has your family got connections to England ? As Maddie has pointed out if this is Bradford the address would be Manningham Lane and not Leeds.-jl

Quoy

Quoy Report 5 Feb 2012 12:27

Have a look at this site
http://www.cartedevisite.co.uk/

Janet

Janet Report 5 Feb 2012 13:09

What a good site Quoy- have made a note of it for future use-jl

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 5 Feb 2012 15:31

You might want to ask the nice people over at RootsChat on the Photograph Restoration & Dating board. They are incredible!

Maureen

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 5 Feb 2012 18:27

You may be able to get help at
http://www.deadfred.com/

Tox

Tox Report 5 Feb 2012 19:02

Thank you all for your time, there is certainly plenty to check, I have got to find out how the picture got to Pennsyvania (could have been posted)??? when it was taken in Bradford, thanks for putting me right about Manningham Lane Bradford at least I can rule out Leeds, yes his family originates from Bradford they went over in 1906 I can find the family in Pennslvania but the children look the wrong age on the picture for it to be them.

Thank you all again.

Regards
Tox