Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maggie Bradford born 1881 or 1891 ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Xavier

Xavier Report 31 May 2012 09:58

Wonder if someone would be kind enough to do a 1911 census lookup for me?

On Ancestry.com I have Maggie Bradford born 1891 residing in Huntingtonshire, but I cannot find her on the 1911 census here.

Although I do have a Maggie Bradford born 1881 residing in St. Neots. (I'm hoping this is correct!) Any lookup information about her and family would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance......

Andrew

Andrew Report 31 May 2012 10:02

BRADFORD, George Head Married M 58 1853 Licensed Victualler Bedfordshire Leighton Buzzard VIEW
BRADFORD, Margaret Wife Married24 years F 51 1860 Beds Cranfield VIEW
BRADFORD, Jessee Daughter Single F 23 1888 Hunts St Neots VIEW
BRADFORD, Maggie Daughter Single F 20 1891 Hunts St Neots VIEW
BRADFORD, William Son M 14 1897 School Hunts St Neots VIEW
RG number: RG14
Piece: 8792
Reference: RG14PN8792 RG78PN461 RD173 SD1 ED1 SN82
Registration District: St Neots
Sub District: St Neots
Enumeration District: 1
Parish: St Neots
Address: Golden Ball St Neots
County: Huntingdonshire

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 31 May 2012 10:04

This might be her birth

Births Sep 1890 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradford Maggie Elizabeth St. Neot's 3b 286

Andy

Xavier

Xavier Report 31 May 2012 11:05

Thank you for your kind help Yeti.....unfortunately the wrong one...again!

I think I'm after a margaret bradford born 1882.....or possibly a margaret DAY...or even a Margaret GREEN! (See my older thread BRADFORD family mystery.)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2012 11:59

Xavier, I think there are too many similar threads going on - and there is no easy way people can 'See my older thread BRADFORD family mystery.' unless you post a link.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1279382

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1219394

I think you need to consolidate everything onto one of the above, otherwise people have to keep flitting around which makes research much harder. Posting a new reply - such as the above query - will nudge it to the top of the boards. You can also modify the heading to include something like 'new query 31/5/12', which will prompt people to have a look.

Jan

Xavier

Xavier Report 31 May 2012 12:26

Hi Brummiejam,

Point taken......I will see what I can do in future...........