Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Mystery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 19 Mar 2013 15:32

On the 1891 census my grandfather has a brother Harry (Henry) age 9 years. I cannot find his birth.

The GRO has done a search for me and cannot find an entry for him.

This is a real mystery!

Potty

Potty Report 19 Mar 2013 15:38

Does he appear on any other census? Not all births were registered - my mother's wasn't and that was in 1907.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Mar 2013 15:42

Have you tried putting details on here for people to have a look?
One idea - is there any chance he was born under a different surname? When women (re-)married children often appeared under the stepfather's name.
Just a thought!
Jan

Sheila

Sheila Report 19 Mar 2013 15:51

The family was missed off the 1901 census. Several people on Genes have already made searches . I cannot find him in 1911 nor a possible death entry between 1891 and 1911. He was the youngest of seven childrenn to the same couple, so there was no problem with surnames.

Sheila