Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question for our new Community Manager

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2015 13:44

Under FAQ’S
Genes Extras
Tell me more about the offers

You will see three offers at any one time, with one new offer each month. Our partners are offering great discounts on Family History magazines, days out and more besides.

There will also be a competition each month. We have got some fantastic prizes lined up for you.

Where are these offers and competition actually mentioned on the boards ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2015 13:45

Okay sometimes it shows on the left of screen under Tools section but is not always

Currently only showing two offers and not 3

So when was the last competition ?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2015 14:25

They are under "News" next to the "search" option but i don't think they are mentioned on the boards - not even under "announcements"

Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Apr 2015 14:52

Actually one of those offers, the Tea for Two one expired 20 Feb. but GR still has it posted. Typical!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Apr 2015 22:27

Oh well no surprise that the Community Manager has not been seen on the boards.

Sacked already ?? ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Apr 2015 04:06

They only do the Suggestions once a month no, and I think the new Community Manager was introduced to us just a day or two after the last Round-up ....................

so it isn't time for an appearance yet :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Apr 2015 22:42

The last suggestions round-up was on 16th March, when obviously there were no suggestions to round up!

Perhaps everyone has given up making suggestions which aren't acted on.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Apr 2015 23:08

Well I think that more than 2 weeks they should have put in an appearance by now otherwise what is the point of having that position.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Apr 2015 23:55

GB

one of them did post last year that it was now going to be done once a month ......... so I guess it was due today :-)

It IS WDYTYA weekend, and GR staff would have been busy there in previous years and that would have been the excuse, but it doesn't look as though they even have a stand this year.

Pretty poor showing, IMHO

Maybe they were scared to go outside London to B'ham :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Apr 2015 11:25

:-P

Not for any member that comment

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 27 Apr 2015 11:33

Sylvia, they probably thought they needed to renew their passports to go anywhere north of Watford Gap :-D

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Apr 2015 11:50

Got a Scottish passport for when I go north of Watford

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Apr 2015 18:15

:-D :-D

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 May 2015 09:07

Can anyone point me in the direction of the monthly competition because I am blowed if I can find it

Probably gone in the same black hole as the new Community Manager.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 May 2015 09:57

It's probably in the same hole as the book club allocation announced at the beginning of April. :-|

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 May 2015 10:51

Never check out the Book Club as they are not the sort of books I am interested in reading.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 May 2015 11:05

They can't count, either!!!!!!!!!

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/extras

AND

when I click on one of the TWO offers (not three) I get the following

Important Notice

AfternoonTeaForTwo will stop taking new orders on Friday 20th February 2015 at 9AM.

IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING VOUCHER OR ECODE - Great news you can still use your voucher to order one of our products. To order please browse the site, select your product and call our friendly customer service team to confirm your order on 08445 008 061.

Any gift vouchers bought are still active and can be redeemed until the date they expire.

Close Message

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 5 May 2015 04:57

I didn't know there were offers regularly on here ..never seen them

.. if new members read this thread they will come away with a somewhat negative view of GR

is there a way to comment more positively

ie what great offers you have had in past + how you miss them

or" wouldn't it be nice if we had a similar offer to -------- other site"

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 May 2015 05:08

Alisoun

everything is not hunky dory ................. and we need to get a response for GR, and to let them know what some long term members are feeling

and your last suggestion would not get far before being removed once seen by GR. It would be considered as comparing this site unfavourably with another.

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 5 May 2015 05:25

what about the comments critisising new mananger + complaining

they throw negative light On GR too evenif some are supposed to be jokes !

some long term members are voting with their feet .

..eg.my sis not renewing her subs temporarily tempted back by a

fantastic Platinum subs offer ; a month well-used

(offer came up on Facebook ...or it was an email )