Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Register discount codes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 8 Nov 2015 01:17

I have received discount codes from FMP and Genes on nov 3rd for the 1939 register but when I try to use them both comes up no longer valid how come were they only valid for a day? will email them.

Gai

Gai Report 8 Nov 2015 06:28

I've checked my email from FMP on the 2nd Nov and it says

Discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Code expires: 23:59 30/11/15. T&Cs apply

When you scroll down the email does the one you received say the same?

Gai
:-)

Annabel

Annabel Report 8 Nov 2015 07:06

No time or date on my email from FMP, but on the Genes one says expires 23:59 30/11/15
Have only tried to use them once both codes came up as expired, have emailed FMP

Ann

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 8 Nov 2015 07:46

I've had the same problem trying to use my discount code too- I have als e-mailed them.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Nov 2015 09:24

That's disappointing - I was planning to use mine today.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 8 Nov 2015 11:50

Can you only use them once ? :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Nov 2015 12:05

You can only use the code once. Mine said it was valid till the end of November.

When I bought my 5 household bundle credit I could not find anywhere to enter the code (unless I missed it) so I paid the full price. I then emailed Findmypast to let them know and so they checked for me and said that they could see I had paid full price and as I was a Findmypast subscriber they would refund me the discount back onto my card.

Kath. x

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 8 Nov 2015 12:29

Well, interesting- I also paid full price after my voucher code didn't work. I e-mailed them- they just sent me another code (which also doesn't work).

I think I'll e-mail again and ask for it to be refunded.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Nov 2015 12:54

They must be having a problem - from their page on Facebook

I am trying to apply my discount code to buy a five house 1939 Register bundle. My current subscription is active until well into next year. However, when I try to buy the bundle with the code applied, the next page takes me to a subscribe page. I am already a subscriber so why do I have to fill this in again? Am I missing something? It is as though I am not a subscriber even though I am still logged in and my sub shows as active... Help! I want to do this research today as it is my only chance till next weekend and I can't do it!

Answer
Sorry to hear this, can you please email [email protected] so we can investigate? In the meantime, try clearing your cache and logging out and back in again. Thanks
22 hrs ago

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 14 Nov 2015 11:48

I was also unable to use a voucher code I had been given - was for 3 free months and was included in a sub for the WDYTYA magazine. My email went unanswered so I phoned up the number given on the site (020 3326 6300 ), and a very helpful lady apologised and immediately activated it for me.

Not very impressed tho as most people look ups are resulting in nothing found - however if I then use the address search there they are! Sadly of course I don't know where many people are so getting no joy at all there. Doesn't seem to be much cross referencing of names and addresses and I'm finding it very frustrating - glad I didn't pay for this!

Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Nov 2015 12:12

Yes - there does seem to be a problem. I tried to apply my 10% code yesterday. There wasn't even a box to enter it into.

Despite asking for a refund of the over payment, all I got was a different 10 % applied to a future household bundle purchase. It may have only been a small saving, but that's not the point. I'm not sure if I'd want to buy another 5 household bundle before the new year.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Nov 2015 16:05

I hadn't realised that the email I had was from the Australia site which I had once signed up to for a free trial, so it wouldn't work when I tried to use it on the UK site While on e web page, there was a live chat option, so I clicked on that. It was the person who answered who spotted the problem..

She gave me a new code, but that didn't work either, so she gave me another code with a link to use it. I couldn't see the place to put the code, I think it was on the second page. She stayed on the chat until I got it to work

A nuisance, but I got there in the end. I got the five family pack, but have used th em all now

I sent in a death cert to open a record, but apart from an automated reply nothing has happened. I think they must be inundated

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 14 Nov 2015 19:03

After my voucher code didn't work I bought a 5 household bundle at full price. I e-mailed about the problem and got another discount code which also didn't work. I e-mailed again and they refunded the discount on the full price- no problem. :-)