Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption file.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 27 Jun 2017 15:07

I've just had a phone call to say that my adoption file, which I have been trying to find for a number of years, has been found and is now available for me to see. Included is a handwritten letter from my birth mother (now sadly long deceased). I have already found some info about my birth family, now I hope I'll find out the circumstances that meant that my birth mother was sent 500 miles from her home to have me.

I have an appointment with the intermediatory I have to use in two days time......going to seem a long time.

Andy

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 27 Jun 2017 15:24

Hope all goes well Andrew - good luck :-)

My DIL found herself with 7 siblings !

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jun 2017 16:30

Good luck - hope you get some answers :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jun 2017 19:53

Very best of luck Andrew :-) <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Jun 2017 04:15

Good luck, Andrew xx

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jun 2017 11:46

Well, picked my adoption file up at last. Lots of detail of birth mothers family and name and some detail of my natural father. No chance of tracing him, name is far to common, but good to know. At last I have as complete a picture of my background as I will ever get.

Andy :-)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 Jun 2017 13:36

Well Done with that Andy, longest two days ever, I would imagine...

Chris :)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Jun 2017 17:53

Congratulations, Andy. That must feel good after so long.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jun 2017 19:32

Congratulations, Andy. It must feel very satisfying after so long