Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I print out family tree with photos?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.

Jan. Report 18 Sep 2017 17:41

My Mam has dementia and is having trouble remembering the names of some of the family now.
I am hoping to print out a family tree for her, that includes a photo of each family member with their names on. I don't want the date of birth on etc.

I have family tree maker 2011, but I can't work out how to print it out with the photo too. Am I able to do it with FTM, or would it be better asking for an online firm to help me?

Jan.

Jan. Report 18 Sep 2017 18:12

Update to above post. I've just counted the names I want in the tree, and there are 23 names I want included, so its just a small tree.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Sep 2017 21:54

I have FTM 2005 and it won't do what you want to do, but your more recent version might.

If you go into FTM and click on Help, it will explain what you can and can't do.

Good luck. :-)

Jan.

Jan. Report 18 Sep 2017 22:21

Thanks Andysmum, I'll have a go tomorrow and see if I can do it.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 19 Sep 2017 12:57

If Andysmum's suggestion does not work, you will likely have difficulty finding an outside company that can produce what you are looking for.

My reason for that statement:-
The company would likely print from a .ged file. But as these are purely data files any photos would not attach.

However, perhaps a company could produce a tree that has sufficient spacing between the names/generations that you could subsequently attach copies of photos to it?

Could try/contact www.genealogyprinters.com

We can print:
An All-in-One full family tree
Every person on your tree
A single person ancestor tree
A Descendant Tree, back through all ancestry
A range of family tree prints containing just the people you want.
A wide range of Blank Family Tree wall charts
You can choose:
Font type and colour
Different background colours
Different background Wallpapers
Coat of Arms
Photographs
The information contained in the boxes

EDIT
(You couldn't make this up.......)
ENTER that site.
Click Printed Family Trees
Click Custom Made Charts
And there is a 23 person tree c/w photos.........

Jan.

Jan. Report 19 Sep 2017 22:47

Thanks Inky1 - that sounds good. I still haven't had time to concentrate on it yet, but at least I've got two lots of ideas now. Thanks again.