Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patrick Conlyn or Conley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laird

Laird Report 23 Sep 2017 19:25

My uncle Peter wants to track down his biological dad, the only clue his now deceased mother gave him was that the man she was briefly involved with was called Patrick Conlyn (spelling could be wrong) who was in employment in Stockton around 1953 & 1954?

This seems like a complete long shot....

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Sep 2017 21:16

No Patrick Conlyn. Could be Conlan or Conlon or Conlin, of which there are quite a few births in the general area.

There's one Conley born Stockton 1928, but no way of knowing ( there are Connelly/Connolly also.

( edit to add sadly that Conley seems to have died 2003)

malyon

malyon Report 23 Sep 2017 21:17

can you tell us he's age when he died

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Sep 2017 21:28

That Patrick did have siblings, you might be able to follow through and see if they had children who would be willing to take a DNA test, but that really is a very long shot.

if you want top look further at that one I can PM the 1939 reg if you don't have a sub.

Laird

Laird Report 29 Oct 2017 00:08

Apologies for the delay Nyx, my uncle Peter has not provided many details. This may well be a wild goose chase. I suspect his best bet is a DNA test,