Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatW

PatW Report 29 Sep 2017 22:16

Would someone please tell me what the numbers mean in the purple circle in the top left hand side when looking at the entries in a tree.
Thank you

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Sep 2017 22:29

There is a number in the purple circle ,If you click on the purple you will see something like

"You have two records matches
You have Three tree matches

click where it says "view" to see what those matches are

PatW

PatW Report 29 Sep 2017 22:49

Thanks for that. I can see that 1 of my relatives has 6 records. When I click on the one underneath which is tree matches message comes up 11 tree matches but when I click on view it doesn't have a message like relatives match. Just takes me back to my tree. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Sep 2017 23:16

You may find it comes up in a different tab? for instance if I click on my tree from this page, this tab stays up but a new one opens for the tree....when I click on view for those 'tree matches' , that will come up on THIS tab and I will have to click on this tab rather than on the 'family tree' tab if that makes sense lol.

You should see something like this when you click on view tree matches

3 matches for Doris Keating
These matches have been found in family trees belonging to other Genes Reunited members. If you think they could be your relation then send a message to the Genes Reunited member (the tree owner) to find out more.

Forename
Surname
Born in
Place of birth
Prior contact Tree owner
Doris Keating 1920 Australia ... No Juan
Doris Keating 1920 Crawcrook ... No Mandy
Doris Keating 1920 London? ...

PatW

PatW Report 29 Sep 2017 23:47

Thanks I'll try that

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Sep 2017 12:11

You aren't the first to have this problem! On my computer the records/tree matches screen is always underneath - not obvious if you don't know.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Sep 2017 18:39

Be aware that the "matches" may not be your relatives, but just other people with the same names of years of birth.