Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelagh

Shelagh Report 5 Oct 2017 19:46

Anyone tell me how I can find links to family in New Zealand, please? Relative emigrated there in I think 1963/64 when I was quite young and the rest of my family seem to have lost touch with them. Is there anyone on here who has links to a site over there or who can tell me how I can access somesuch? Thank you.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Oct 2017 20:48

You could try the New Zealand telephone directory here:-

https://whitepages.co.nz

If you want to give a name we could look for emigration records on Findmypast.

Kath. x

Valerie

Valerie Report 6 Oct 2017 01:02

The 'National Library of NZ' (Auckland) (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service - they will check their records including electoral rolls (past & present) and newspaper death notices -for family names.

Valerie