Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Visiting the National Archives at Kew?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Dec 2017 09:53

My son has just given me a cutting from the Telegraph pointing out changes at the Archives.

There will be NO self printing or camera stations. Just electronic image transfer for you to print off at home!

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/news/changes-affecting-visitors-to-our-site/

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Dec 2017 10:30

Not everyone has a pc and or a printer so that wouldn't be an option for some

They are assuming folks are doing genealogy so will have have a pc and are following on looking for manual records too

I got my grandfathers and his brothers army records from there. They were in the second Boar War
Also got a copy of the ships record of 1911 when'd he was washed overboard and lost at sea

They are all large sized records that would have to be cut down on a home printer