Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boone family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 28 Dec 2017 23:21

Looking for a Gillian Boone. Diane Farrington is trying to contact you again.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Dec 2017 11:25

Can you explain a bit more, Kathleen?

Is Gillian someone Diane has previously contacted through this site?

Or if you give more details about Gillian (eg - age, place) perhaps we can track her down.

It's probably unlikely that Gillian will just happen to come across your post, unless she's a regular user of the GR boards.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Dec 2017 23:13

Hi Gillian, Diane Farrington who you contacted ca. 10 years ago through Genes Reunited and who you were at school together in Leigh, Lancashire. You contacted her saying that your great uncle was married to her great grandmother and buried in the Boone family grave. I said that I would try on here as she couldn`t get on here so she`s hoping to have contact with you again. Said if you contacted me that I would pass it onto her. best wishes Kath.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Dec 2017 14:17

Kathleen -

if Gillian is no longer a regular user of GR, she's not likely to see your message.

If you can give some more details - such as age (just the year of birth is fine - BUT NOT exact date of birth) , birthplace, husband's name (if any) - the helpers here on the board can try to locate her for Diane.

patchem

patchem Report 31 Dec 2017 17:14

Or if you can give the details of the greatuncle or the greatgrandmother, then we can look to see which trees they are in.

patchem

patchem Report 31 Dec 2017 17:22

A Boone family grave or THE Boone family grave?

https://billiongraves.com/grave/James-Boone/5955251

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Jan 2018 23:44

Unless Gillian was born in the late 60s and that was her middle name, no Gillian Boone has ever been born in England/Wales.

Also, no Gillian married a Boone up to 2005.

Are you sure the name is not Boon?

There are 2 Gillian Boon births in Lancashire in the early 1950s.

possibility?

Marriages Dec 1916
Boon Eva G - Farrington Ormskirk 8b 1224
Farrington John - Boon Ormskirk 8b 1224

no ... wrong way around.

Gillian Boon's great-uncle was married to Diane Farrington's great-grandmother.

This does suggest that Diane is a generation younger than Gillian ...