Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Email ref. Access to keep safe.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindaAngela

LindaAngela Report 20 Feb 2018 20:13

I received an email from Genes telling me that a person I had contact with (and I can still view their tree) has given me access to their keepsafe. I am loathe to click on the link through the email, but I have gone onto the website and I cannot see anything in any message reference this email.........any advice

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Feb 2018 21:10

One of the options for keepsafe items is ‘share with contacts’.

If the email includes an url similar to the following, it should be OK
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/42403086
It’s a previous avatar of daffodils & is shared with ‘everyone’.

Look for the persons name in your Contacts list.
There are 2 columns headed Tree & Keepsafe with 2 options Request & Allow. All of mine under the keepsafe heading have crosses as I prefer to send & receive by PM or email.
Check if your persons entry has a tick suggesting you’ve been given access. Assuming they have, you can safely follow the emailed link.