Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

uploading photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Apr 2018 12:11

please can someone help this computer nurd
I have been sent some photos via e-mail and when i try to upload to ancestry i get this message
The dads headstone.htm file isn't an allowed type. The allowed types are: .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff

is there any way to convert them to an acceptable format.

Answers in 4 letter words please :-)

thank you
Madddie

malyon

malyon Report 10 Apr 2018 13:10

not sure if it will work when you click on photo right side of mouse a file should come up click on save image as then i file should come up then click on all files to save photo

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Apr 2018 13:16

i have managed to save them to my computerbut when i try to open the image it takes me back to outlook
i will try whay you suggest
fingers xxx

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 10 Apr 2018 13:21

Maddie have you tried to rename the photo?

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Apr 2018 13:41

if i right click that option doesnt come up
if i start again to save to my computer pleas could you guide me thro it

e-mail sent from a smartphone
thanks for your time

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 10 Apr 2018 15:49

htm/ html files are opened in a web browser.

I am not great with computers, but as Malyon suggested, if you open the image you should be able to right click on it and then chose " save image as" option. Then chose the file you wish to save the images to (I usually save to desktop so I can easily find them), and rename file dadsheadstone.jpg

Alternatively you could open the picture and then use 'snipping tool', which allows you snip pictures from any webpage (including outlook) and save them as jpg files to your computer.

If you are really stuck, I don't mind if you forward the email to me, and I'll return them as jpg files. Just pm me if you want my email.

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Apr 2018 16:24

thanks you AustinQ. i WILL GIVE IT A GO AND BORROW YOU IF I'M STUCK :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 10 Apr 2018 16:27

:-) No problem