Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Rolls in 1978s — 2005

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Apr 2018 21:21

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to check electoral rolls in Kidderminster from 1978– 2005. I have three of my aunties, all sisters who died there, 1978, 1992 and 2005, I would love to find if they lived near each other.
Thanks
Sandra

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2018 07:16

Only online from 2002

Before then they will be at the local main library for the area but are only searched by address
Their death certs may give their home addresses

The GRO are still doing the PDF files for £6 each

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Apr 2018 12:58

See if the 1978 & 1992 sisters left a Will or their Estate went to Probate,
Their home address will be shown on the Probate Calendar.

You may have to search through a few years after their death as, until 1996, entries on the data base are listed in the year the Probate was granted. Later entries from 1996 are searchable by the year of death. (There's a bit of a cross-over)

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Make sure you click the tab Wills & Probate 1858-1996