Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to contact / view past viewed trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Apr 2018 12:34

hi all

It has been a while since I was last on GR. & I need some help navigating the site please.

I used to be able to view MY tree & also to view Saved Trees from other family members - I seem to have lost this? - where will I find it please?

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Apr 2018 13:03

If you click on 'Family Tree' at top of page, then 'My tree', just under your own name at top you will see "view other trees" click on that and you should see the trees that have been shared with you, unless the tree owner has removed permission.

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Apr 2018 14:09

Hi

I have tried that ( that is where I used to have a long list of available to view trees - previously..........

but now it just shows MY tree / Import gedcom & export gedcom (?)..bit puzzled as to where all my available trees to view have gone............any ideas please

PatW

PatW Report 14 Apr 2018 14:18

As Nyx says, click on Family tree and when you get My tree, import GEDCOM, EXPORT GEDCOM. Click on My tree and it then goes to your own family tree. Above your tree you have your name and below that you have View other trees. Click on that and you get Tree dashboard. Click on Trees shared with me and the list should appear.

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Apr 2018 14:20

have you clicked on 'my tree'?

If you still can't see anything when you click on 'View other trees" then I think you may have to check with GR support, email

[email protected]

won't be in the office till Monday now.

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Apr 2018 14:33

Hi
Thank you all so much - I have now 're-discovered' - view other trees shared with me.................

I don't think I was looking it the correct place.

Much appreciated.

Gill