Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my wife’s half sister Yvonne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

grantchipmanatgmaildotcom

grantchipmanatgmaildotcom Report 22 Apr 2018 21:12

Hi anybody out there who is any kind of relative to Nancy Baker born in Bedwellty Monmouthshire. in 1918 . her mother’s maiden name was Tovey Nancy might have been married first to a man called Jack Honeyfield and later to a James Elliott from Coventry they had a daughter called Yvonne any information will be much appreciated. John

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 21:30

First try "Search all member trees" under "Search" at the top of this page.
Enter details of Nancy or any of her relatives. If you find a matching result, click "Find out more" beside the tree owner's name, and contact them.

Explain to them why you are interested - don't just ask to see their tree.

Her relatives are highly unlikely to happen upon your post here, I'm afraid - you'll have to search them out.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 21:32

for our reference:

Births Jun 1918 (>99%)
Baker Nancy Tovey Bedwellty 11a 170

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 21:33

You might need to buy a copy of the marriage cert to be sure this is your Nancy who married Jack:

Marriages Dec 1936 (>99%)
Baker Nancy Honeyfield Bedwellty 11a 285
Honeyfield Jack L Baker Bedwellty 11a 285

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 21:35

Yvonne was born in Stafford in 1945, and seems to have had an older brother Terence, born 1937 in Bedwellty.
Both registered as Honeyfield, but Yvonne also registered as Elliott..

Her birth record was then amended in 1961, to Elliott.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 21:41

Terence/Terrence married in Bedwellty in 1964, and had three children born in Newport within the next ten years.

You can find all the above information on freebmd.org.uk.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 22:08

The eldest of Terence's children married in 1993, and had two sons.

At least as at the 2012-13 electoral roll, that couple were living in Chichester, per 192.com - but I don't have credits to see the full address..

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 22:16

Nancy's second marriage:

Marriages Dec 1946 (>99%)
Baker Nancy Elliott Coventry 9c 1675
Elliott James A Honeyfield Coventry 9c 1675
Elliott James A Baker Coventry 9c 1675
Honeyfield Nancy Elliott Coventry 9c 1675

It doesn't look as if they had any children - apart from Yvonne..

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Apr 2018 22:23

There are several marriages of women named Yvonne P Elliott - any (or none) of them could be hers.

There was one (without the middle initial) in Coventry in 1967 - if that's relevant. You'd have to buy the cert to see her parents' names.

EDIT:
Yes, that's the correct marriage -
they were living in Leicestershire in 2013-14.

grantchipmanatgmaildotcom

grantchipmanatgmaildotcom Report 23 Apr 2018 22:36

Thanks so much ArgyllGran, I'm pretty new to this (as you can probably tell !) but how on earth did you get so much information so quickly !!

I've ordered a couple of the certificates, but it does suck you in too wider searches !! I now know Nancy had another child with a 3rd person - Alfred Miles - whilst in Manchester in 1951, but I'm struggling to find a record for this

Are Divorce records public anywhere ?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Apr 2018 10:57

It's just a case of practice, and knowing where to look, John!

Info about divorce records here:

https://tinyurl.com/yd5gddat

However, you'll note that less than 0.2% of divorce records survive from after 1937.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Apr 2018 11:00

Re a child in 1951 -

have a look on freebmd.org.uk.

If you search Births, with father's name Miles and mother's name Baker, in 1951 in Manchester, you'll see there was a girl born.

But you'd have to buy the cert to know if that child had the right parents or not .

Miles and Baker are not uncommon names.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Apr 2018 11:05

You don't say if the child was a boy or a girl.

There's also the possibility that the child was registered under Nancy's name rather than Miles.
There was a boy with parents Baker/Baker (or an unmarried Baker mother) in 1951 Manchester.