Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Times Newspaper 1982-1988.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 May 2018 15:58

Hi, can anyone please access the Times Newspaper 1982-1988 - Death Notices. I give my relatives details below.

Christina Boyle
Birth Year: 1911
Death Date: 16 Dec 1984
Published Date: 18 Dec 1984

If this is possible then kindly message me and I will give you my personal email address.

Regards,

Kathryn

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2018 19:00

Sorry - don't have a sub for the Times.

Details of death reg which may help others who do.

First name(s) CHRISTINA
Last name BOYLE
Gender Female
Birth day 1
Birth month 12
Birth year 1911
Death quarter 4
Death year 1984
District Hastings & Rother
Register number 1284
County Sussex
Volume 18
Page 943

Kathryn - just so that you know, members can send personal info off-board by the GR messaging system (Personal Message aka PM) by clicking on your name. There is also the facility for attachments eg a download of the article.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 May 2018 19:27

Thank you Detective. It's quite some time since I've posted anything that I forgot that I can receive a personal message with attachments. Thanks for replying and the info you've posted for others to see.

Regards

Kathryn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 May 2018 05:54

It's text only on Ancestry

There is a probate though

View England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995

Name: Christina Boyle
Death Date: 16 Dec 1984
Death Place: Robertsbridge E Sx
Probate Date: 23 May 1985
Registry: London

Of Bourne Farm Hs .Bourne Lane Robertsbridge. Died 16dec 1984 probate 23may1985 £49671

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 May 2018 09:12

Just had a thought.

A number of years ago I’d signed up for our digital county library service. The aim was to ‘borrow’ online books. To be honest, it seemed too confusing but one thing I’d noticed was that The Times Archive was included.

Although it may have been dropped due to austerity etc, might other libraries either online or via their terminals still have access? I’d looked at ours but needed to sign in to see what was available. Too much of a hassle on this lovely day ;-)

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 7 May 2018 09:12

Good morning Detective,

Thank you for your continued assistance. I am just interested in seeing what the notice says. I do have access to the Probate site. Christina was married to Andrew Philip More Boyle who in his later life was an Author and in one of his books he helped expose Anthony Blunt as a Spy. This was in the days when Margaret Thatcher was in power. He also started in 1965 a radio programme called The World at One. After Christina died Andrew re married.

Regards,

Kathryn

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 7 May 2018 18:40

Hi, seeing Det's post, I checked my local library catalogue online, and found I had access to the resource. I've taken a snip and will pm it to Kathryn.

EDIT: Snip of obit now pmed to Kathryn.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 May 2018 21:09

Brilliant! Thank you Kucinta :-D

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 7 May 2018 21:31

Hi. Thank you so so much. I am very grateful to you for the newspaper article.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 8 May 2018 11:35

Glad to be of help. :-)