Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Register

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 May 2018 19:58

I have looked at the 1939 Register and found that I was not included. All the rest of the family were there. I was age five at the time.

I still remember my Registration Number which was on my Identity Card..

Sheila

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2018 20:32

You cannot see yourself on the register because you are alive.

There should be a ‘ closed’. record which is actually you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 May 2018 06:27

Thank goodness you cant see you The open records are for those whose deaths have been picked up !!!

I was evacuated with my elder brother and sister and we were billeted two doors apart. My sister shows at the address together with the couple we lived with as they have all passed away. I am the closed record!!

My brother too is a closed record because although he has passed too in was in Spain in 2001 so his death hasn't been picked up

:-\

Sheila

Sheila Report 12 May 2018 17:11

Thank you both for answering my query.

Sheila

Jean B

Jean B Report 12 May 2018 17:28

Sheila,

I found myself on the 1939 Register. I believe I am still alive although rather ancient now!

Jean

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 May 2018 19:45

Jean - If you don’t wish your personal details to be ‘open’ on Ancestry & Findmypast, use the ‘report error’ & complete the form.

If you don’t have a sub to FMP contact them via email
[email protected].

Jean B

Jean B Report 13 May 2018 16:49

Thank you for your advice.

I have just checked the 1939 Register to make sure that I hadn't "disappeared" in the meantime, but I am still there.

Regards
Jean

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2018 11:32

There are a number of instances of records being left 'open' where the people concerned are still living. Two of my partner's cousins are shown on the register and both are very much alive, although well in their eighties.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 May 2018 12:44

A GR member discovered they were 'open' when they asked for a 'look up'.
FMP has since closed the image but not the transcription.

A couple of weeks later the Ancestry version went 'live'. It was obviously too late for the revised images. They've agreed to remove the transcription & close the image 'at the next update' when ever that happens to be.