Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2019 00:25

I have not used the site for years but still pay to keep checking on new contacts. Wanted to print off a tree but cannot remember where to do it. Looked round the site to no avail. ....Can anyone help please ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2019 09:11

Don't think you can print it

You could download a gedcom to your pc into another tree program and print from there

I believe too there is a company who will print your tree from a gedcom

They used to be genes members but can't remember the name

Hopefully someone else can give the name and contact

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Mar 2019 10:47

Here you are, Shirley

https://www.genealogyprinters.com

Genes Reunited itself recommends My History with a 10% discount. Mind you, the page is so old that the offer may have lapsed. You could probably quote the Sale of Goods Act if the page should have been updated

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=430

Susan, you can still print off a screen page at a time, but not the whole tree. I had printed my whole tree when it had just 80 people; it took 40 sheets of A4 & had to be spread over the living room floor to tape together. Much more sensible to pay someone else.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2019 11:47

Thanks Det

That the one ,recognised it straight away

The old brain just couldn't recall the name :-(

Susan

Susan Report 10 Mar 2019 19:09

Thanks for all the replies. Think I have a good look around before I do anything
Sue