Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help finding family on census

Page 2 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Apr 2019 11:24

The Ancestry trees also say that Norman was aka Bond - just to complicate things even more!

They claim that his father was a travelling showman named Richard Page, and his mother was unknown.
Richard Page apparently was working in Bridgend on 13/10/1905 - proof presumably is info on the marriage cert to Mary Jane, though the trees don't say so.

For Richard Page, whom they claim was born c1860, they show Scottish censuses for 1851 - 71 - but for a William Page born 1848.
So hardly trustworthy.

They (at least one of them) show young Richard Charles as the son of both Mary Jane and Florence!

They say that Norman was born 1881, and show the travel record as proof - but that clearly shows his age as 28 in 1914.

The Norman who married a Mary Jane in 1905 was a coalminer - so unlikely to be the clerk in 1914?

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 10 Apr 2019 21:38

ordering a couple of certificates . will see if that gets anywhere.

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 12 Apr 2019 08:52

William Jones and Annie Davies married in December 1888

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Apr 2019 12:08

This one?

Marriages Dec 1888 (>99%)
DAVIES Anne Leominster 6a 1087
Jones William Leominster 6a 1087

A long way from Maesteg, and no middle initial for Annie/Anne.

But not necessarily saying it's wrong - needs more investigation.
Is that one of the certs you've sent for?

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 15 Apr 2019 15:59

Had a Birth Certificate for Mary Jane Davies 1888 Bridgend Father John Davies Mother Elizabeth Davies Maiden Name Davies :-S
I don't think the marriage certificates would be much more help as I still wouldn't know which one was right.Maesteg is a fair distance from Leominster ,but my mother's grandfather grew up in Bridgend married in DEVON :-0 then lived in Maesteg (. His wife's family originally came from Devon.)

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 16 Apr 2019 08:51

Can't find Annie and William Jones in1891 :-|

friendlywelshdragon

friendlywelshdragon Report 24 Apr 2019 15:02

Still stuck on this . Where should I look now . :-S

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Apr 2019 15:33

Unfortunately the lack of recent replies shows that we are just as stuck as you are!