Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Access to Ancestry DNA update information ANSWERED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 17 Dec 2019 10:49

I have only dipped in here occasionally for the last few years, so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

I did an Ancestry DNA test some time ago, I think in response to an email from them. At the time I was an Ancestry member but, as far as I can see, you don't have to be a member to buy and undertake the test and many of the matches one receives have no tree on Ancestry.

Since then I have had to lapse my membership because I couldn't afford to keep it up. I most often accessed the DNA pages through their emails (which they still continue to send) but now that I am not a member, when I try to do so all I get is their page asking for payment.

Perhaps I am doing it wrongly. Is there some other way I can access my DNA matches and updates without having to rejoin? If not, it seems wrong to me that I should be denied access when membership was not a requirement when taking the test.

Carole

Carole Report 17 Dec 2019 11:13

Hi Christine

I am not a member of Ancestry but I did take a DNA test with them earlier this year.
I have not had any trouble accessing my details but a cousin has.

He contacted Ancestry on the 0800 number and they suggested that he click on forgotten password and then re-set it.

Might be worth a try otherwise give them a call.

Carole

Christine

Christine Report 17 Dec 2019 11:57

Many thanks - will give that a try!

Christine

Christine Report 17 Dec 2019 12:36

I'm in! Thank you so much.