Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Change to FMP home page/colours etc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Dec 2019 16:24

I'm interested to know what people who have a subscription think? ( or those considering a sub).

:-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Dec 2019 17:52

I was a bit confused when I saw the new home page this morning but once I realised that the search button was still there along with all the sub-categories (births, marriages, deaths, census etc.) then the searching is actually still the same - at least for what I use the site for.

I was wondering whether they will add community boards (if they don't already have them as I've never looked to see) and then get rid of Genes altogether as I'm sure it's only the community boards that get any use on here.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Dec 2019 18:25

Kathleen there's an FMP forum recently started

https://www.facebook.com/groups/findmypastofficial/

I have not heard about any plans to have community boards, but I will enquire :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Dec 2019 00:32

Thanks Rose. I don't really like Facebook so not sure if I'd use it but I would be interested to know if Findmypast will add community boards. They might get more use than Genes.

I keep trying to justify to myself the cost of my Genes and Findmypast subscriptions (although I know Genes is only a small amount) but I really don't use the boards anywhere near what I did and I'm not really doing any research of my own anymore unless I come across something new by accident. When I suggest not bothering my son always persuades me that overall it's no more than the cost of a cup of coffee a week so I keep carrying on.

Kath. x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Dec 2019 08:43

I thought It put in the wrong address yesterday. I didn’t log in.
I think if I was new to all this I would find it off putting as all it seemed to mention was making a tree.
I used to find checking out the news section without logging in very useful.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Dec 2019 10:34

Thankyou namelessone :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 18 Dec 2019 12:18

Very different new overcoat ,things have to change sometimes and I suppose Tree buildings will be enhanced then,,,as long as its user friendly,,,,,,

GR may get a new coat of paint now. ;-)