Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still born

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

11bush

11bush Report 30 May 2020 13:15

Probably bread and butter to you experts but I am researching a still born date of 1965 but can find no records my question is should there be birth/ death certs or not?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 May 2020 14:27

There are records but they are are not online.

Stillbirth is a sensitive issue, and all such records are available only to the parents, or, if they are deceased, I believe they may be accessible to proven siblings

Google ‘still birth register‘

Obviously there is no death cert, because there was no life

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 May 2020 14:44

If you know the address of the couple at the time of the stillbirth you could try the local cemetery office (when everything re-opens) as they MAY have burial details. Lots of cemeteries have specific areas for still-births.

My aunt and uncle had a still born daughter in 1939 and the details were in the burial records at our local cemetery. They were able to tell us exactly where she was buried, the date of the stillbirth and also the date of burial.

Kath. x

11bush

11bush Report 2 Jun 2020 17:35

Thank you