Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flower Family Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 4 Jul 2020 18:19

Hi All , I would like to send for some Certs from Canada dose anyone know of a good web site to use so I can sent for some
Thanks in advance
Regards Pam Dale

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Jul 2020 18:33

Have you tried googling?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jul 2020 00:48

You have to know which province as nothing is centralised in Canada as it is in England and Wales.

Everything is under Provincial jurisdiction.

Google for Vital Statistics (name of province)

But be aware that there are very strict regulations on number of years after event that certificates can be released. It's nown a the 50/75/100 year rule.

Each site will tell you what the regulations are for that province.

Good luck.

greyghost

greyghost Report 5 Jul 2020 11:45

Hopefully sent copy of marriage to Maud to you by PM with message

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jul 2020 17:58

Erika .......... Pamela asked for information on how to get certificates in Canada.

That is the information I gave.

I'm not about to start looking for other threads to see if anyone else knows what I know about that aspect.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2020 21:00

I have deleted my post as it obviously upset you, Sylvia :-S

For anyone wondering, it was a link to the poster’s other thread, that’s all. :-S :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jul 2020 04:02

Thank you Erika

mgnv

mgnv Report 6 Jul 2020 07:54

Check out:
https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/genealogy/places/Pages/introduction.aspx#toc1

Like the UK, there is no central location to get a UK BMD cert -those are issued by the respective countries, so I might have toget one from Southport, Edinburgh, Belfast or even Dublin..Canada (and Oz/USA) adopted the same model, so ithey're issued by the province or territory (or state/territory in Oz/USA)..