Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why cant I find a birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 30 Sep 2020 16:33

Can someone tell me why I cant find a relatives birth. They were only born in 2011 but I thought it would show....

Any suggestions please? I thought maybe 2010 but still nothing and i need to know how old in Oct they will be this year.

Thanks
Florence in the hebrides

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Sep 2020 16:45

Where are you looking?

In which country did the birth occur?

Couldn't you phone the child's parents and ask?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Sep 2020 19:50

I think Findmypast only have births up to 2008. At least when I put a common surname like Smith or Brown there are only results up to 2008.

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Sep 2020 20:22

The GRO index stops at 2004 for births

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Sep 2020 20:49

And, which may be relevant to Florence in the Hebrides, SP goes up to 2020 for births/death/marriages.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Oct 2020 13:57

Thanks ladies for your advice.
Ordinarily, yes I would ask the parents but sadly we are not speaking to each other at present.

I looked in various places, birth was in kent.I expect its still too soon to be online.
No matter I bought a card without a number so that will have to do.
Thanks again

Florence in the hebrides