Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry DNA kit offer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 4 Nov 2020 10:37

I am trying to take advantage of the advertised £59 (plus postage) offer available this month, to give as a gift. However, every time I try and go into it, it takes me straight to my own DNA page where the "buy" option gives the price as £79 plus postage. A coupon is mentioned, but when I go into the coupon sites, it says "No coupon needed".

Am I missing something, or being very stupid? If anyone can solve this problem for me I'd be very grateful!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Nov 2020 13:46

I've never done anything re DNA.

However, in light of your post, I've just tried clicking on the offer.

https://tinyurl.com/yyw48z45

(I got to that page by clicking on DNA at the top of an Ancestry page, when already logged in. I see that if you only click on that link from here, it invites you to open a new account - though the price is still £59, apparently. So don't click the link - click DNA at the top of the Ancestry page.)

As I was already logged in to Ancestry, it took me straight to a check-out page already populated with my name, address, and bank details.
The amount payable is £59 for the kit, plus 9.99 for shipping.
No coupon mentioned.

I didn't buy - I was only experimenting.

Perhaps you've been accessing the offer via some other link?

Christine

Christine Report 4 Nov 2020 14:03

Thank you Argyll Gran. I have tried going in through several different links - accessed through the Google search page - and every time it takes me straight to my own Ancestry DNA page, which doesn't make the offer. It must pick it up through the computer somehow. I have tried your link and it does the same thing. I don't know how to persuade it that it doesn't know me!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Nov 2020 14:05

I've edited my post above, in light of further experimentation.

Try logging in to Ancestry, then clicking DNA at the top of the page.

Christine

Christine Report 4 Nov 2020 14:14

No, I think I must have a glitch on my account. It isn't giving me anything like that - it just goes relentlessly into my DNA page and nowhere else. I shall have to swallow it and contact Support I think! Many thanks for your efforts!

Christine

Christine Report 4 Nov 2020 14:28

I didn't manage to find out why I couldn't access the offer, but I rang them and have bought it over the phone!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Nov 2020 14:54

Good to know, Christine!