Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parker and Fuller Families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 13 Nov 2020 14:38

I have been approached via a cousin in Australia by our fourth cousin descending from these ancestors. Wendy Thomas was adopted by a Babs or Barbara Thomas and they emigrated to Australia. The little information she has encompasses both these names and that of the Richardson family from Frimley. I have searched my tree and can give her information on all families but do not have any Thomas information in my tree. Could anyone out there help with the answers please.
Thank you for your time.
Sue.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Nov 2020 15:07

Can you give us a little more to go on, please, Sue?

Any dates?
Where in Australia did the Thomases emigrate to? And where from in the UK? Were they also from Frimley?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Nov 2020 15:12

Wendy is a comparatively modern name

You say she was adopted, so Wendy Thomas wasn't her birth name, and you won't be able to trace her history.

Your title refers to Parker and Fuller - who do you actually wish to research?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Nov 2020 15:15

1925 is the earliest Wendy Thomas birth showing on FreeBMD.

But her name perhaps wasn't Thomas at birth.

1907 is the earliest birth of any Wendy in England/Wales.

"Peter Pan" was written in 1904, and the name Wendy became popular..

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Nov 2020 15:17

No records of migration for a Wendy Thomas other than one in 1949, and she isn't travelling with anyone named Barbara

Did the adoptive mother Barbara have a husband?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Nov 2020 15:56

A Wendy Elizabeth Thomas emigrated in 1954 - but again, not with a Barbara.

I've looked at all the Barbara Thomases travelling to Australia (or NZ for good measure) - none of them is with a Wendy.

Susan

Susan Report 14 Nov 2020 13:17

Thank you all for your replies, it had not crossed my mind about a birth name. Too silly of me not to think of the obvious.
I have very little information to add and its difficult going through a third person.
Basically this Wendy appears to be a fourth cousin descending from my third great grandparent RICHARDSON descending from a FULLER and PARKER is the name on another RICHARDSON .great uncle.
Not wishing to further waste any ones time I will come back to this threat if and when I receive further information. Again I thank you all.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2020 13:20

We'll wait to hear from you.

Please ensure that you have date info - even if it's only approximate

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Nov 2020 14:46

Any relevance?????

Name: Benjamin Richardson
Birth Date: 1875
Marriage Date: 1 Sep 1894
Marriage Place: Frimley, Surrey, England
Spouse: Emily Fuller

Susan

Susan Report 16 Nov 2020 12:24

Thank you ErikaH as well as all others whom replied.