Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Multiple Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Woofty

Woofty Report 18 Nov 2020 12:37

I have returned to Genes Reunited after a number of years using other research tools. Didn't realise my subscription had automatically renewed. I have uploaded a gedcom of my complete family tree but what I want to do is have 4 separate trees for my 4 grandparents. I have done this on RootsMagic, MyHeritage and Ancestry and find it so much easier to focus on one branch of the family at a time. Is it possible to have 4 separate trees?

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have had a look around the site and help features but could not find an answer to my question.

Regards
Margaret.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Nov 2020 12:45

Not unless you have 4 separate accounts,which would require 4 different e-mail addresses

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Nov 2020 17:13

Only one of the accounts needs to be a paid one - the rest can be free - i.e. - just registration, not membership.

You need to log out of GR, and register each time as a new person in order to set up the free registrations.

You would also have to enter the people on each tree from scratch. You can't copy a section of your existing tree to a different account in one go. But if you are able to download sepatrate GEDCOMs from the other sites you mention, then you could upload one to each of the new accounts.