Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have my tree here, but?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cornelia

Cornelia Report 4 Dec 2020 05:34

I've just updated it with 2 new pairs of ancestors and one single. I cannot for the life of me find where to input their places of birth or death. it's horrible to find "John Smith b. 1810" and no place to tell which John Smith you are looking at. how do I input place of birth or death?

Cornelia

Cornelia Report 4 Dec 2020 05:39

oh, and one update happened without my doing anything. is my GR tree sync'd with Ancestry? I don't know how else that data got there. I've been away from GR for quite some time and found that couple just last year.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Dec 2020 11:34

No, your tree on GR is not synced with Ancestry. At least, not that I've ever heard.

To input places of birth and death on your GR tree -

Click on the person's name on any of the tree views.
Then look at the right-hand margin of the page, where you'll see a small box with two left-pointing arrows.
Click on that, and a panel will slide out, where you can put in various bits of information.

REMEMBER to click "Save" at the bottom of that panel when you've finished.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2020 14:45

GR has NO connection with Ancestry

GR is connected with FMP

Only you can edit your tree