Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How many......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 16 Dec 2020 20:52

Quiet day today with the rain, so I thought I would have a look at a neglected part of my tree.

A direct ancestor but never really looked a siblings. Been at this most of the day, so far found 16 full and half siblings. Did have a quick look at the eldest and found and he had at least 15 children of his own. Think this branch may take some time.....

Andy

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 16 Dec 2020 21:44

That’ll keep you busy over the Christmas holiday :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Dec 2020 09:54

A dangerous move, Andy!

I've done that, and found myself also researching the trees of the spouses of the siblings, and the spouses of the children of the siblings - and on and on. . . . .

It's an addiction, and endlessly fascinating.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 18 Dec 2020 07:13

One of my Ancestors made the newspapers, not only in the UK but the US too, when she died in 1932 at the age of 83......she left 138 living descendants :-0

10 children, 60 grandchildren, 67 great grandchildren and one great great grandchild :-0 :-)

Fancy having to buy for all of them at Christmas ;-) :-D

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 18 Dec 2020 21:11

Amazing LondonBelle! My wee sister has 12 children and at the moment there is only 5 married and she has 14 grandchildren but she’s only 60 so maybe she’ll match that :-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Dec 2020 07:30

Oh my, rootgather :-0. You could be right :-)