Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annual membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kira112

kira112 Report 28 Dec 2020 17:53

Could anyone please tell me the cost of standard membership plus the 50 credits annually X

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Dec 2020 19:02

If you have had no break you should be paying the same as last year.

We all pay differing amounts depending on when we joined and/or had a break.

malyon

malyon Report 28 Dec 2020 21:55

i think i pay £19 the 50 credits are included

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Dec 2020 22:16

Click on UPGRADE on the very top line.

It will give you the costs for Platinum and Standard memberships, which are the only two now offered.

I'm like nameslessone in that I've been a member for a very long time, never changed from Standard and never taken a break. I pay a low sub that hasn't changed for years, but equally I haven't had the 50 credits for years .......... however that doesn't bother me as I can find everything offered on GR either for free, cheaper or easier on other sites. That is being honest with you!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Dec 2020 09:35

I've been a Standard member since March 2003.

I've always been on Standard and, as far as I can remember, never taken a break .
In March 2020, renewal cost me £17.96.

I do get the 50 free credits per year - though my credit history gives weird figures. For instance, it says I've bought 4370 credits this year, which is complete rubbish, as I've never bought any credits over and above the 50 included in membership.

Like most, if not all, of the helpers on the boards, I never use GR for searching records, for the same reasons Sylvia gives.
I use GR for the community boards , and (combined with Ancestry) for ER searches. I also have my tree on GR - as well as elsewhere.

I see that Kira112 is also a long-term member - Dec 2004.