Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 list for an address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Aug 2021 12:21

Is it possible to look at this on Ancestry using the town as a search request.?
I suspect not ?

I am hoping to find who was living at an address in 1939 in Fleet, Hampshire.

Address is known, but have no family names to guide me, as it is long before they bought the property.

I know the house was built long before that time and wonder if there is a quicker way than choosing a random surname, then flicking through adjacent pages to find the correct location.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Aug 2021 12:26

Maybe on FMP

Can’t see how on ancestry

Edit yes it’s an option on fmp

Can take a look if you want to give address

Or PM me with it

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Aug 2021 12:34

FMP has the facility

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Aug 2021 12:47

Thank you for replying, Shirley and Erika.

Shirley, I will pm you the address.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Aug 2021 13:44

You can often search on Ancestry, by putting in the town name at "Lived in", and the street name at "Keyword".

It doesn't always work, and will usually also bring up streets with the same name in other towns, but will generally bring up at least someone in the right street in the right town, so that you can then look at the image for the particular house you want.

It seems to work better if you don't put in the house number, but only the street name.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Aug 2021 17:03

Thank you for that ArgyllGran.
I'll try it out with some known names and addresses.

That could be a most useful tip.