Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kuros

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2021 16:15

Just tried to post to your thread, but you've deleted it...............................

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Sep 2021 16:18

So was I. I was going to suggest they both downloaded to gedmatch.

Kuros

Kuros Report 5 Sep 2021 19:01

Sorry, I thought I was editing it. It's not the first time I've done that. I'll do it again.

Annie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Sep 2021 11:23

You should have had a message asking if you were sure you wanted to delete. If you didn’t, the system’s up the creek again

Kuros

Kuros Report 8 Sep 2021 18:21

No, it was my fault, sorry. That doesn't help people trying to help me, does it? I was a bit too quick with the finger. I realised what I'd done straight away and went into panic mode. I think I know what has happened with this claim to be my brother. On a closer look at this person's tree, which is identical to mine, he has two living people, which will be me and my sister and this Michael whom he claims is my brother. My real brother is missing, not even hidden as a living person. I think he's looked at the area where my sister and I were born together with the parents' names and found this "brother". My brother is the only one of the three of us who was not born in the same area so he may have discounted him. Interestingly, this Michael's details are on there so I suspect he is no longer alive.

Just a reminder that someone on My Heritage has an identical tree to mine but credits me with a brother of whom I am unaware. His parents names are the same as mine and he was born the year before I was in the same district and a year after my parents' marriage.

Annie