Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irene Parkinson Born 1918 Coventry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Greg

Greg Report 2 Sep 2021 13:34

Hi There
I am looking for information about Irene whose Mother was Ada Parkinson (nee Lissaman) My Mother is Irene's sister and never met her as we believe that irenen was adopted.
If anyone has any information about Irene please email me on [email protected] (as I'm only on a free trial).

Thanks

greyghost

greyghost Report 2 Sep 2021 13:54

Greg had originally posted on a thread about Ada

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1393364

greyghost

greyghost Report 2 Sep 2021 13:55

From that other thread -

Welcome to the boards Greg - what is it you're wanting to know about Irene

ErikaH used this free website to post the possible marriage for Irene. There are other marriages, but this one is in the Coventry RD where the family seem to have been based
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl (already cited by ErikaH)

Getting a copy of the marriage certificate would tell you who her Father was to make sure it's the Irene you're wanting information about.

No obvious children to the marriage, although there are births in other areas.

greyghost

greyghost Report 2 Sep 2021 14:03

A copy of her birth certificate would give you an actual DOB which might help find her listed on the 1939 register or to find a death

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Sep 2021 14:41

If Irene was indeed adopted, her name will have been changed, and we won't be able to trace her.

You could try registering with the Adoption Contact Register.
If Irene was adopted, and should also happen to register, looking for her birth family , you may be put in touch with each other.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Greg

Greg Report 2 Sep 2021 18:01

Thanks very much ArgylGran.
In truth I saw a post about my maternal Grandmother Ada Lissamen and joined because it mentioned Irene.
Irene would probably be dead by now but my Mother her younger sister has always wanted to know about her and Mum is now 90m and it feels a bit now or never.
I have wondered if Irene Parkinson really was formally adopted and wanted to create a place where if her relatives were seeking information about her family.. we could link up.

Thanks for the reply!!

Greg

Greg Report 2 Sep 2021 18:08

Thanks very much greyghost, I will order a marriage certificate for Irene as then we will know one way or the other.
This is really helpful Thanks

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Sep 2021 18:33

Oh yes, of course, she's unlikely to be alive now.
I hadn't paid proper attention to her YOB when I suggested the ACR.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Sep 2021 21:21

Legal adoption didn’t start till 1928

She would be 10 years old by then so maybe was just informally adopted or fostered out

Greg

Greg Report 2 Sep 2021 21:42

Dear Shirley, That is really interesting thank you!