Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry DNA Update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kense

Kense Report 4 Sep 2021 09:23

In case anyone has not noticed, Ancestry is going to update their DNA results this month. So it will be worth rechecking your results when it happens.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Sep 2021 10:10

I wonder how that will actually work ?

I bought a test kit for grandson (an adult) and we were surprised at some of the results.
That was his only contact with Ancestry, so will he automatically have access to the update ?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Sep 2021 11:21

If he can still access his own results then you would think he would get the new update.

Looking forward to seeing what odd changes they are making to my own results this time.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Sep 2021 12:55

names,
That is what I was hoping.
We were talking about his results earlier this week and he got the numbers up to remind me, so hopefully the update will come through to him.

I can support some of the findings, but other parts are a total mystery, so we wait now to see what an update will show.

Kense

Kense Report 18 Sep 2021 07:17

Updated results now available.