Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatW

PatW Report 17 Nov 2021 22:24

I’m not sure if I’m on the right with genealogy chat but here goes.
In 1958 I had a baby and he was unfortunately adopted which was norm at the time. I registered with the government office that if he requested his adoption records I was willing to be contacted if he wished. He did contact me through an intermediary and we exchanged e mails then went on to telephone conversations which were wonderful. Because of convid things didn’t go any further until this last Monday when we met for the first time and it was wonderful. After 63 years I thought it would never happen. I’m writing this to give hope to anyone that has children adopted and hope that they will be as lucky as I was. It was something I thought would never happen but I’m so glad that it had and hope that it will carry on into the future.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Nov 2021 22:39

I'm so pleased for you Connie. I hope you and your son will carry on meeting and forge a good relationship and that you can be part of each other's families. Good luck.

Kath. x

PatW

PatW Report 17 Nov 2021 22:41

Thank you Kath.
I’ve already met his wife and it was wonderful. I was told by the intermediary that less than 50% of families eventually meet up so I feel very privileged.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Nov 2021 11:50

What a lovely outcome.
I'm pleased for you, Connie.

I hope you can all go on building this relationship.

Maddie

Maddie Report 18 Nov 2021 13:55

ahh bless you

PatW

PatW Report 20 Nov 2021 22:19

Thank you.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 23 Nov 2021 15:37

I'm so pleased to here this Connie.

I just happen to believe that everybody should know/meet their biological parents if they want to and it is at all possible.

I hope your future is made even better by your son being in it

PatW

PatW Report 24 Nov 2021 21:02

Thank you