Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Dec 2021 16:22

Can someone please tell me why when I look up on the censuses it shows them all from 1841 up to 1921 when 1921 isn't available on here? It even says how many matches.
Is this because it will be on here soon?
I have the platinum package already so have unlimited look ups on the other years.

Thanks
Florence in the hebrides

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Dec 2021 16:42

Several threads about this census - check them out

1921 will ONLY be on FMP and will be on pay-to-view (not subscription) so lookups are NOT an option

Kense

Kense Report 20 Dec 2021 16:44

It is not going o be available as part of a FMP subscription for up to three years, so it is not likely to be available on here until at least then.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Dec 2021 15:27

Thanks ladies and yes I have read the other threads already but it didnt answer my question.
If it wont be available on here for say 3 years, then why when you are looking up something on a census, it now shows 1921 and gives the number of matches?

Cannot understand why its listed if its not available?

Florence in the hebrides

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2021 15:29

Ask GR ;-) ;-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Dec 2021 17:32

As far as I can see, by experimentally looking up a common name on the GR censuses (which I don't normally do) 1911 is the most recent one listed, as it should be.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 22 Dec 2021 10:59

I agree with AG
And using real data. I know the addresses of both sets of grandparents at that time. But searching GR for each of the four names plus town produced no census returns post 1911.

Flo61
If you list the data (names, etc.) that you used it would be interesting to see what results I (and others?) get.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Dec 2021 13:08

Well folks this is most peculiar as when I try to look someone up now, the 1921 census has disappeared from the list!!!

How very strange. I wonder if it was a mistake and maybe GR have realised this or maybe read my comment?

And incase you are wondering, I definitely had not been at the sherry. lol

Florence in the hebrides

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Dec 2021 14:39

No - but they might have been :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Dec 2021 17:02

:-D :-D :-D