Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Register Look Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 21 Dec 2021 19:06

I am trying to find who lived at 26 CARLTON ROAD LIVERPOOL 23 in 1939.

I know a James Miller was writing from this address in 1946 after returning from Army.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2021 19:16

There doesn’t seem to be a Carlton Road in Liverpool. There’s a Carlton LANE

Maureen

Maureen Report 21 Dec 2021 19:26

Thanks ErikaH

I also searched for a Carlton Road in liverpool L23 and found nothing, there is a Carlton street in Liverpool L3 7ED which are near the dock area, they are industrial units now but may have been homes in 1939.

Can i ask can you look up this Carlton Road in L3

Thank you

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Dec 2021 19:59

There was Carlton Road in Birkenhead and Wallasey of Liverpoool 23 in 1939.......

L3 doesnt work with the 1939 register as there was no postcodes for addresses then..

Maureen

Maureen Report 21 Dec 2021 21:41

Thanks Kay for reply.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2021 22:25

Postcodes didn’t exist in 1939. Large urban areas had numbered districts, which formed the basis of postcodes when they were introduced.

26 Carlton Road, Birkenhead was uninhabited

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Dec 2021 23:02

In 1910 Ward 23 (if that relates to the number in the address you give) was the Princes Park area.

1910 map here:
https://tinyurl.com/2p96k36a

I can't see a Carlton Road - but it looks as if not all the roads on the map are named.

Maureen

Maureen Report 24 Dec 2021 18:57

Thanks for your replies.