Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for other children C1755

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2022 14:32

Can anyone tell me how I can locate if any, further children of a family. I found a marriage on fam.search and one child from that marriage in 1755. But how do I find out if there were any other children from that marriage? It's a while since I used this site and can't remember.

Advice please thankyou.

Florence in the hebrides

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jun 2022 14:36

FamilySearch is your best bet for births so far back, Florence.
I assume they were in England.

But not all records have survived. And of course the child you found may not have had any siblings.

If you like to give us details, we can have a look.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2022 14:46

Thanks, I have just been back on the site and it came back to me. So I searched with the parents but there are many with same name so actually dont think its possible to find what i want. Also as its so early ie pre 1841 and 1837 i cant access any cert or censuses.
I was just seeing how far I could get back to.

Thanks anyway

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Jun 2022 14:56

The records found on line are often only there because the companies have obtained a licence from the local family history societies who transcribed the records. So it is worth checking out the local FHS to see if they actually have more.
The local archives may also have more and/or other records.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2022 14:58

Thanks names

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jun 2022 16:11

Findmypast have some parish baptisms so if you know the parents first names and where the first child you found was baptised you could maybe try on there.

Kath. x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2022 18:11

Ty Kath

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jun 2022 22:52

Have your tried FreeReg?

I've often had good luck on there with records way back

https://www.freereg.org.uk/

The other site I often use is the Online Parish Clerks site. There are only some counties with a lot (or any) information, but those that have are really good. I'm lucky because the Lancashire OPC site is one of the good ones

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/online_parish_clerk

I think family search is now carrying the OPC, but I've never tried it on there.