Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maureen Mulholland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cath

Cath Report 15 Jun 2022 13:47

looking for Maureen (maybe spelt different) MULHOLLAND from Victoria Australia maybe round the canterbury surry hills area in the 1950's has male child born in the late1950's (Dont know her married name)
I know her family are Irish

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jun 2022 14:01

Cath - it might be better to remove this and repost on Find Living Relatives board and keep your fingers crossed that someone knows how to Australian research.

If you have any idea how old Maureen might have been in the 1950’s it would help.

Names

Edit: I see that you asked for help on 2009 on the British Genealogy website. Given Maureen a date of birth between 1932 & 1939. You also suggested the Maureen had benn born in Ireland. Did you get any help from that request.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jun 2022 15:06

Putting 'Australia' in the title would be helpful

No births or baptisms on the Irish site, https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ but I find that one somewhat unreliable, at best

You say you don't know her married name, so one assumes the son was born when she was single. Is there a reason to think she married anyone? Is her name taken from the son's birth certificate?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jun 2022 16:21

Cath

Since 2009 there has been a big growth in DNA testing which might lead you to Maureen. Have you considered following that path?

However, if this is a case of an adopted child looking for their mother then you need to tread carefully and use the resources and guidance given by the authorities in Australia.