Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JAGER - ALIEN DOCUMENTS - WORLD WAR 1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 15 Jul 2007 22:49

Hi This is the 1st time I have left a message on genes, not sure if I have left it in correct area tho! Id be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance regarding my grt grt grandfather Emel William Frederick Jager aka William Jager born abt 1865, married 17 Jan 1893, died 8 November 1926 South Shields I was brought up to believe he came to the UK from Germany, however, I have recently found out that he came from Latvia, I feel the only way I can confrm this is through the Alien Documents he signed during WW1, or possibly he became a British Citizen after the war and signed documents for that, not sure where to find these docs though. He doesnt appear on any Census Docs although his wife Hannah Jager appears on 1901 census, it is possible he was away at Sea. The only documents I have seen his name appear on is his marriage certificate which I purchased and unfortunately did not help. Somebody please HELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!! Joanne Clark x

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 15 Jul 2007 22:59

I am pretty certain that you will find Alien and Naturalisation Documents at the National Archives. Google National Archives to get the site and go into the catalogue section. good luck - come back if you get stuck! OC

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Jul 2007 09:18

Hi, I may not be entirely correct here, BUT.. One of my family being belgian should (we thought!)have been on the Aliens list, but we were told that upon his death in 1920 his records were destroyed....... unless someone knows different...... Bob