Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

**Now back for lookups** 1841-1901 census PLEASE

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Apr 2007 20:34

names, ages, places of birth, and any additional info all helps. cheers debs

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 18 Apr 2007 20:31

Hello Please can you help me? I cannot find my Duerdin branch in the 1901 census - I have them in 1891 Head Thomas Duerdin, aged 31 born whitefield Wife Sarah Ann Duerdin, aged 28 born Heywood Daug Ada Duerdin, aged 3, born Heywood Daug Ellen Duerdin aged 2, born Heywood, and Daug Anna Duerdin aged 1month, born Heywood Please can you help? Thank you very much Rebecca :o)

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Apr 2007 20:36

mistranscribed in 1901 Sarah A Duerden Age: 38 Estimated birth year: abt 1863 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Thomas Gender: Female Where born: Heywood, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Heywood Ecclesiastical parish: Heywood St Luke County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Bury Sub-registration district: Heywood ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 230 Household Members: Name Age Ada Duerden 13 Alice Duerden 8 months Annie Duerden 10 Ellen Duerden 11 Emily Duerden 4 Minnie Duerden 2 Sarah A Duerden 38 Thomas Duerden 42

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Apr 2007 20:52

hi deb,i wonder if you could help me find a henry roberts born 1853 ,ive found him in the 1901,1891,and the 1880 but he was married then,wanted to find his address before marriage,he was living with his mother grace (no father)in liverpool.thank you suexx

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 18 Apr 2007 20:55

thank you very much thats lovely :o)

Bulldog

Bulldog Report 18 Apr 2007 21:17

HI YA Debra Can you help Im trying to trace my great grand father John Murphy,his daughter Margret Murphy married Michael Clayton NOV1903 in Liverpool their ages on cert was 21yrs.By this time John was deceased , his occupation given was corporation labourer , mum seems to think he was married to a Jane ? We dont know any thing else about him, not sure if he was born in Liverpool or Ireland, I have tryed every which way ,but hit a brick wall every time, please please can you find out any thing ,or a way I might ! Thanks Frankie xx

Pauline

Pauline Report 18 Apr 2007 21:24

Looking for a William Taylor born 1813 Colton Staffordshire find him later on but cannot find birth records or much elseabout him

Debbie

Debbie Report 20 Apr 2007 21:27

REBECCA 1901 Registration district: Bury Sub-registration district: Heywood ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Household schedule number: 230 Household Members: Ada Duerden 13 DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Alice Duerden 8 months DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Annie Duerden 10 DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Ellen Duerden 11 DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Emily Duerden 4 DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Minnie Duerden 2 DAU bn Heywood, Lancashire Sarah A Duerden 38 WI bn Heywood, Lancashire Thomas Duerden 42 HD CARTER??? OWN ACCOUNT bn Whitefield, Lancashire, address 8 boundary st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, regards debs

Debbie

Debbie Report 20 Apr 2007 21:32

THANKS DOREEN a new grandchild, so been really busy best wishes debs

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★ Report 20 Apr 2007 22:02

Hi Debs, Could you check 1901 census for John Bradshaw b.c1880 with his wife Catherine Derbyshire they married in 1897 in Chorley and subsequent children born in Chorley Lancashire so I assume that is were they will be living - I think they will have at least 1 child George b.c1899 at this time Thanks Ann x

Debbie

Debbie Report 21 Apr 2007 08:29

LITTLE ANN 1901 Registration district: Bolton Sub-registration district: Little Bolton ED, institution, or vessel: 18 Household schedule number: 213 Household Members: Catherine Bradshaw 25 WI bn Chorley, Lancashire George Bradshaw 2 SON bn Chorley, Lancashire John Bradshaw 27 HD COTTON SPINNER bn Chorley, Lancashire address 15 wych st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ann if you need anything else please just ask ok regards debs

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★

★♥*¨¨*Little Ann*¨¨*♥★ Report 21 Apr 2007 11:13

Thanks Deb, Had a busy morning so only just got reply. Thanks for info that really helps, had trouble with this side. Many thanks again Deb Ann x

Raymond

Raymond Report 21 Apr 2007 12:01

Debbie, I am asking your help in trying to find the Census's for Ralph Smith, c1839 born Harris Moor, Whitehaven, Cumbria. I have them for 1871, 1881, 1891. but I just cannot place him on any of the previous one's. His father I believe was also named Ralph Smith could be c1808, I don't know his wifes name. Could you please help me? Raymond

Shelly

Shelly Report 21 Apr 2007 17:52

hello thankyou for your offer. I'm looking for William Farrar Copestake, born 1821 Lambeth, Surrey. His fathers name was Sampson. He was a lithographic printer and married Amelia Caroline (1826) around 1844. i have found him 1861 census but not in 1841 or 1851. Before 1861 he would have three children, William George Frederick 1845, Caroline Elizabeth, 1847 and George Frederick 1849. i have searched and searched, but no luck. i'm assuming that the surname has been very badly mistranscribed. Hope you can help regards michelle

Catherine

Catherine Report 21 Apr 2007 21:18

Hi Debra, Hope you dont mind but can you do a look up please for a James Norden, born in 1872 in London his occupation was a blacksmith. He had 5 daughters and 1 son, sorry i dont know his wife's name. Any help is much appreciated, Thank you. From Catherine

Lillyann

Lillyann Report 23 Apr 2007 14:16

Hi I have just received my grandparent's marriage certificate. Albert Evans aged 22yrs old Ethel Mary Ellis aged 23 yrs old Married 13th April 1925. What I don't understand is that Albert died 1963, aged 62 yrs old!! Can you please advise. Also says his father is Joseph Evans. How can I find his mum's name? Thank you

Skye

Skye Report 24 Apr 2007 00:18

Hi Debra I'm having some trouble finding Samuel Milbourne he was born around 1836 in the UK he came out to Australia cannot find the exact time but his wife and son came out in 1860 on the Schah Jehan. He died in South Australia in 1899. He was an engine driver. His wife's name was Margaret (Davis) and his son John. On the passenger list for Margaret and John it has their surname listed as Melbourn. I have also found a Samuel Melbourne coming out to Australia in 1859. This is all the information I have sorry. I hope you can help. Im wanting to find John Milbournes DOB which was around 1856 and also find Samuel and Margarets marriage and if you can find them on the census.

Debbie

Debbie Report 24 Apr 2007 22:15

CATHERINE found this in 1901 Registration district: St Saviour Southwark Sub-registration district: St Mary, Newington ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Household schedule number: 307 Household Members: Arthur Norden 19 SON bn London, England Esther Norden 57 HD WID bn London, England James Norden 29 SON SINGLE BLACKSMITH bn London, England address 39 cavour?? st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, catherine when and where were james`s children born please?? 1891 Registration district: St Saviour Southwark Sub-registration district: Trinity Newington ED, institution, or vessel: 13 Household Members: Alex Norden 17 SON WHEELWRIGHT Arthur Norden 4? SON Esther Norden 22 DAU MANTLE MAKER Esther Norden 46 WI Florence Norden 14 DAU DRESS MILLINERS APPRENTICE Henry Norden 53 HD WHEELWRIGHT Henry Norden 21 SON WHEELWRIGHT Louisa Norden 19 DAU BOOT MACHINIST address 98 rockingham st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please let me know any other info you have regarding james`s children regards debs

Debbie

Debbie Report 24 Apr 2007 22:37

SUSAN 1851 Registration district: Bradford Sub-registration district: Bradford East End ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Household schedule number: 24 Household Members: Hamilton Prince 15 SON POWER LOOM WEAVER WORSTED bn Horsforth, Yorkshire Harriot Prince 4 GRAND/DAU bn Bradford, Yorkshire James Prince 21 SON WASHING POWDER MANUFACTURER bn Headingley, Yorkshire John W Prince 17 SON DEALER IN GERMAN YEAST bn Horsforth, Yorkshire Luke Prince 44 BROTHER UNMARRIED VIOLINIST bn Meanwood, Yorkshire, Sarah Prince 44 WI bn Branthingam, Yorkshire, William Prince 48 HD TANNER bn Meanwood, Yorkshire address 28 bidford st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1841 Hamilton Prince abt 1835 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire James Prince abt 1830 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire John Prince abt 1833 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire Martha Prince abt 1829 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire Sarah Prince abt 1806 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire William Prince abt 1806 Yorkshire, England Halifax Yorkshire TANNER address cliff ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1861 WILLIAMS BROTHER Registration district: Goole Sub-registration district: Goole ED, institution, or vessel: 3f Household schedule number: 127 Household Members: Charles C Armstrong 16 LODGER APPRENTICE TO SAILING ?? bn Selby, Yorkshire, Luke Prince 53 HD WID GROCER bn Meanwood, Yorkshire address george st ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hope this helps regards debs

Debbie

Debbie Report 24 Apr 2007 22:43

TO ALL if i havent replied,, please when asking for a request for a look up, can you be more precise and let me know exactly what it is you want me to look for eg death, birth, marriage, census and what year etc thank you debs